Saturday, April 4, 2009

Killing Me Softly With His Songs . . .

My sons are natural entertainers. I think they get that from Paco. They love to sing and dance. We spend lots of nights at home just listening to music and dancing around.

We listen to all sorts of music. So the boys have a great appreciation for everything from Elvis and the Rolling Stones to the Jonas Brothers. I always used to laugh when I saw the infomercials for those Kidz Bop CD's, wondering who would want to hear a bunch of kids singing and be crazy enough to buy them. Sadly, I must admit that we own Kidz Bops 11-15. Oy.

The 2 older boys both asked for Ipods for their birthdays this year. (OK, so they think Ipods are the old-school CD walkmans, but hey, I saved a LOT of money on their presents this year . . .) So, I have the pleasure of listening to them sing along to their various Kidz Bops as I drive them to school every morning.

The only problem with my little rock-n-rollers is that they have a tendancy to get the words wrong. Sometimes, very, very wrong.

I am going to list actual song lyrics as intereperted and sung by my precious children. (If you were not a teenager or a 20 year old in the 90's then you probably won't recognize half these songs. Sorry.)

red neck wine - to the tune of red red wine (UB40)

i gotta go pee pee - O.P.P.

I like big butts and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny, my brother from another mother (Baby got back)

kokomo - aruba bahama come on baby momma (Beach boys)

chicken shout, chicken shout, - shout at the devil (AC/DC)

Here I am. Rockin' like a Burger King. (Rock you like a Hurricaine)

cheese my cherry pie - (She's My Cherry Pie)

Sadly, I know that there are many, many more that I have simply forgotten. I will try to list them as I remember. But you get the idea. It's always VERY interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment