Friday, May 1, 2009

Cultural Enrichment

Is there such a thing as too much enrichment?

I am really starting to think so.

My precious son Duece was invited to participate in the violin program this year. It is a scholarship program for select kids in the elementary school that show musical aptitude.

Wow, what an honor. We were so thrilled that he was chosen that naturally we said yes.

What was I thinking??????

After 8 weeks of instruction, Deuce was finally able to bring home his own violin to practice for the upcoming concert.

And after 8 weeks of instruction he knows exactly ONE note.

So for an hour EVERY night we get to listen to lovely screeching sound of eeeehhhh, eeeeeeehhhh, eeeeeeehhhh, eeeeehhhhhhh.

He insists he is playing a song called "Everybody Stop Stop." But, I swear it is more of an eehhh, ehhhh, eehh, eehh, eh, eeeehhhhh, eehh.

For his big concert he playes this eehhh, ehhhhh, eehhh, eehhh, eh, eeeehhhhhh, eehh 24 times in a row. Yes, I said 24 TIMES IN A ROW. And the best part, there will be 25 other kids making the same screeching sounds 24 times in a row.

I don't think there is enough motrin on this planet to get me through this concert. Ear muffs? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment