Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Potty Talk

My youngest son Trey always accompanies me in public restrooms. Even if Paco is around, Trey insists on going in with me.

Trey is an animated little guy, and he always has a lot to say. He loves to give play-by-play details on every situation.

This is an actual conversation that Trey and I had recently in a very crowded gas-station bathroom.

Trey: "Mom, I have skid marks and I can't erase them."

Me: "I am very disappointed that you have skid marks. You need to tell Mommy when you have to go potty."

Trey: "one time Dad had skid marks"

Me: "your Dad didn't have skid marks"

Trey: "Yes-Huh. I saw them. They smelled really bad."

Me: "Hurry up and get going so I can go to the potty."

Trey: "Are you going number one or number two?"

Me: "number one. hurry up."

a few minutes later . . .

Trey: "mom, why do you always put the papers on the toilet?"

Me: "it keeps the toilet seat clean so you don't get germs."

Trey: "why don't we have the papers at home?"

Me: "mommy cleans the toilet so that there aren't any germs."

Trey: "MOM!!!! You are going poop!!!!!! I can smell it!!!!!!"

Me: "ssshhhhhhhh" (courtesy flush)

Trey: "Ewwwwwwwww! It smells gross!"

Trey: "Your poop broke the paper!!! Now you are gonna get germs!!!!!"

I could hear the laughter from outside the stall. Needless to say I left with a VERY red face.

No comments:

Post a Comment